Karnapidasana (Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose): Steps, benefits, precautions
The word Karnapida asana has three Sanskrit words; Karna means ear, Pida which means pain and asana which means posture. Karnapidasana puts pressure on the ear and is helpful in relieving all conditions related to the ears.
Being an advanced form of Halasana, it is also known as Raja Halasana. In fact, Halasana is one of the initial poses for this asana, once you complete the former, you can easily master Karnapidana.
If you also want to complete this asana, read on to know a step by step guide to do. This article gives you the right way of Karnapidasana, the health benefits of Karnapidasana and the precautions to be taken while practicing it.
Let us know the steps to practice Karnapidasana (Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose) and its various benefits.
1)- Karnapidasana (Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose) steps: The right way to do Karnapadasana
2)- Karnapidasana (Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose) benefits
3)- Precautions to take before Karnapidasana (Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose)
Karnapidasana (Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose) steps: The right way to do Karnapadasana
1)- Firstly, Lie down on your back in a resting position, keep your hands at your sides.
2)- Inhale once and let yourself be relaxed.
3)- As you exhale, raise your legs in the air at a 90-degree angle.
4)- Now try to bend your legs above your head (halasana mudra).
5)- To support your back lift your buttocks, bend your knees, and try to hold them together until you touch the ground.
6)- In the final position, your knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle with respect to your lower legs and placed on either side of your face next to your ears.
7)- Your hands should still be in their initial position or you can support your back by placing your hands on your back.
8)- Try to look at your nose while doing this asana.
9)- Hold this pose for 60-90 seconds
10)- Then return your body to its initial position, placing your body weight on your arms.
Karnapidasana (Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose) benefits
- It stimulates the thyroid gland.
- It increases the functioning of abdominal organs
- It extends and strengthens the spine and shoulders.
- It tones your buttocks and thighs while stretching your legs and shoulders.
- Karnapidasana helps in reducing stress and tension. It also helps control hypertension.
- This asana is helpful in the management of menopause symptoms. It is also effective against infertility, sinusitis, and back pain.
Precautions to take before Karnapidasana (Ear Pressure or Knee to Ear Pose)
- Women who are pregnant or trying to conceive should refrain from practicing Karnapidasna.
- Karnapidasna should be avoided in case of constipation, high blood pressure, menstruation, and headache.
- As it is a difficult posture, initially it should be done under the guidance of an experienced practitioner.
Legal Disclaimer: Before participating in any exercise program or using any fitness products or services that may be described and/or made accessible in or through the Nexoye Website and/or the Services, you should consult with a physician or other healthcare provider.