Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose): Steps, benefits, precautions
Ananda Balasana – Ananda means “Happy”, blissful, joy, e.t.c. And “Bala” means child asana means posture. Anand Balasana is also known as a happy baby pose or dead bug pose, as your body almost looks like both when trying this pose. But the happy child seems more positive, and is known as the cheerful baby posture. It is known for its intrinsic ability to calm the brain and relax the body.
The happy baby pose is considered a base pose as the happy baby pose variations can be obtained from this pose. Happy Baby Pose is considered a warm-up yoga pose to prepare the body for a more intense yoga pose/yoga flow.
In this article, we have explained the benefits of Ananda Balasana and how to do it. Also, in this article, information about precautions to be taken during Ananda Balasana is also given.
Let us know the steps to practice Happy Baby Pose and its various benefits.
Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose) steps: The correct way to do Happy Baby Pose
We are giving the steps of Happy Baby Pose in detail here, read it carefully.
1)- Firstly, Lie down flat on your back.
2)- Breathe in and raise both your legs up and bring both of your knees close to your chest.
3)- Hold your toe. Make sure that your feet are pulled through the innards of your knees. Delicately open your hips and widen your legs to develop stretch.
4)- Push your chin into your mid-section (chest) and touch your head on the floor.
5)- Now try to touch your tailbone and at the same time push your feet down on the floor with your heel and pull back with your arms.
6)- Keep your back of the neck and the shoulders down to the floor. The entire area of your back and spine should be pressed flat on the ground.
7)- Breathe normally and hold, depending on your ability, for about 30 seconds or a minute.
8)- Exhale and discharge your hands and feet; After this, rest on the floor for a few moments and repeat it 2 to 3 times.
Benefits of Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
If Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose) is done properly and consistently, you will notice the benefits:
- It opens up the shoulders and the chest.
- Increases vitality
- Gently stretches low back
- Stretches calves
- Opens groin and inner thigh
- It stretches to the inner side of the waist, spine, hamstrings, and inner thighs.
- Gives strengths to biceps and arms.
- It releases all the tension trapped in the back.
- Beneficial to the digestive system, gently massage it into the internal organs of the digestive system.
Precautions of Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
- Avoid this posture in case of a neck injury, knee injury.
- During the posture, keep your spine completely straight.
- You can use a folded blanket to support your head.
- During periods and pregnant women strictly avoid this posture.
- People suffering from high blood pressure and knee injury should also avoid this asana.
Legal Disclaimer: Before participating in any exercise program or using any fitness products or services that may be described and/or made accessible in or through the Nexoye Website and/or the Services, you should consult with a physician or other healthcare provider.