Surahi Mudra – Gesture of memory
Surahi Mudra – Yoga postures are probably one of the most esoteric parts of yoga. Mudras are specific hand positions that are thought to channel mystical energy flowing through the body in specific pathways. Each different yoga pose has a specific purpose. Yoga postures can range from simple to complex hand gestures. This mudra is one of the simple yoga postures to perform.
This pose is one of the simple yoga postures to perform. Sit in any pose that is comfortable for you. Exhale and inhale slowly through the nose. Slowly bend the elbows and bring both hands up. Then, touch the index finger of each hand with the tip of the little finger of the inverted hand. Your palms should be in the opposite direction.
Practicing surahi mudra regularly helps a person to do the following.
There are many benefits of doing surahi mudra which is as follows.
1)- Surahi mudra is said to sharpen the intellect.
2)- It is also considered effective against cold and respiratory diseases.
3)- Benefits of surhi mudra also increase rheumatic diseases.
Follow the steps :
- Sit comfortably in the Lotus pose (Padma Asana) or any other pose that is comfortable for you.
- Inhale and exhale slowly through the nose.
- Bringing both hands up slowly, bending the elbows slightly.
- Touch the index finger of each hand with the tip of the little finger of the inverted hand. Your palms will be in opposite directions.
- Hold this pose for some time. Take breaks in between when necessary.