Rudra Mudra – Gesture to activate the Solar Plexus Chakra
Rudra mudra helps to control and activate the solar plexus chakra. Chakras are vortices of energy that are present in the body. Mudras are specific hand gestures that help in harnessing and directing the energy present in different chakras. Performing different postures helps in regulating the pathways where prana or life force flows through the body.
Our life is full of stress due to instability in life. Sometimes tension also occurs in our body part. Every other person has a strain or pain in the neck, back, chest or pelvis. According to the yoga principle of the five elements, this tension is associated with the earth elements. The earth element controls the energy of the stomach and pancreas. Rudra mudra strengthens the earth element and its associated organs and hence relieves unnecessary stress and pain.
Rudra Mudra Benefits :
The practice of this mudra has many benefits.
1)- This posture helps in controlling dizziness, breathing and blood pressure, improves concentration and also improves vision.
2)- This mudra increases the earth elements in the body. It strengthen the bones, muscles and useful in increasing weight. Read also Earth Mudra for physical strength.
3)- The Rudra Mudra can also be treated by people that have experienced heart complaints, dizziness, the descent of interior organs, or general states of exhaustion.
4)- It also energizes the body.
Follow the steps :
Here are the steps of Rudra Mudra which will help you get control of the solar trap and keep the body in the center :
- Sit comfortably with your back straight and chin and chest high. Asanas such as Padma Asana or Sukha Asana are particularly suited for posture practice.
- Breathe in and out through your nose. Calm your mind and imagine that you are in the center of a spinning wheel.
- Raise your hands and press the tips of each index finger, thumb and ring finger together. The extension of the middle and the little finger should be straight.
- Do this asana for at least five minutes.
- You can do Rudra Mudra three to six times a day.